Recent Examples of pharma from the Web
Big pharma also is hammering Weinstein for making the ballot more about himself and his organization, since AHF could benefit by getting drugs at a bigger discount.
Unlike the Camp plan, the minimum tax system wouldn't just apply to tech or pharma products shipped to the US, but those sold all over the world.
Borges and his fellow proponents have argued the opposition is being bankrolled by big bad pharma.
The minimum tax is especially troublesome for tech and pharma companies that have large operations in such low-tax nations as Ireland.
At the same time, more than half the world’s large pharma companies are based here.
Even so, the vote prompted speculation that a pharma price deal might be within reach.
This is stuff that is already FDA approved, made by pharma companies.
On Sunday, reviled pharma bro and renowned douche canoe Martin Shkreli was temporarily suspended from Twitter for harassing Lauren Duca, a freelance reporter.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'pharma.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of pharma
First Known Use: 1992See Words from the same year
medical Definition of pharma
- But the rate at which pharmas have grown in size pales beside the acceleration of relevant scientific knowledge during the same period.
- —Science, 13 Apr. 2001
- Another issue pharma will face is an even more cost-conscious consumer as a result of insurers continuing to pass on additional costs to their members.
- —Shaun Urban, Medical Marketing and Media, February 2011
- The Medicare prescription drug benefit enacted in 2003, and scheduled to go into effect in 2006, promises a windfall for big pharma since it forbids the government from negotiating prices.
- —Marcia Angell, The New York Review of Books, 15 July 2004
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pharma? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).