Recent Examples of pharma from the Web
Ryan predicts federations of small companies innovating under one roof, at the intersection of several different areas of expertise, such as biotech, pharma and predictive analysis.
If the bill passes, come July 2021, no sunblocks from Edgewell or other big pharma companies containing those chemicals will line the shelves of Hawaiian convenience stores, hotels, pharmacies, or supermarkets.
Not all of big pharma's going to love our recommendations.
Nisen is a Bloomberg Gadfly columnist covering biotech, pharma and health care.
Wall Street Journal Takeda Buys Shire Japan’s Takeda is entering the global pharma big leagues with its purchase of Adderall-maker Shire for $64 billion—assuming their preliminary agreement holds up.
But regulators there have a tendency to cap prices—a phenomenon which has crimped Indian pharma at home for years.
Brett initially covered bioethics for the Pro team and more recently, handled the pharma beat.
But recently, the expansion of food and pharma delivery services has sparked interest in smaller centers closer to metro areas, Hanna says.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'pharma.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
medical Definition of pharma
- But the rate at which pharmas have grown in size pales beside the acceleration of relevant scientific knowledge during the same period.
- —Science, 13 Apr. 2001
- Another issue pharma will face is an even more cost-conscious consumer as a result of insurers continuing to pass on additional costs to their members.
- —Shaun Urban, Medical Marketing and Media, February 2011
- The Medicare prescription drug benefit enacted in 2003, and scheduled to go into effect in 2006, promises a windfall for big pharma since it forbids the government from negotiating prices.
- —Marcia Angell, The New York Review of Books, 15 July 2004
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pharma? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).