pet·al·ite | \ -ˌīt\
Definition of petalite
: a usually white mineral LiAl(Si2O5)2 consisting of a lithium aluminum silicate occurring in foliated cleavable masses or in monoclinic crystals (hardness 6–6.5, specific gravity 2.39–2.46)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?