per·y·lene | \ ˈperəˌlēn\
Definition of perylene
: a yellow crystalline aromatic hydrocarbon C20H12 that is constituted of two naphthalene residues joined to each other through the peri-positions, that is found in small amounts in coal tar, and that can be made from naphthalene by the action of aluminum chloride
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?