Definition of personal insurance
1 : insurance of human life values against the risks of death, injury, illness or against expenses incidental to the latter
2 : insurance purchased for personal or family protection purposes as contrasted with insurance of business property or interests
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?