pe·ro·ni·um | \ pəˈrōnēəm\
plural peronia\ -ēə \
Definition of peronium
: a tract of modified epithelium between the margin of the umbrella and the base of a tentacle in some Hydromedusae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game