peri·central cell | \ ¦perə+...-\
Definition of pericentral cell
: any of various cells surrounding the central cells of the thallus in many red algae (as of the genus Polysiphonia) and in some cases acting as the apical cells of laterals or in others producing an outer cortical layer or branches
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game