variants: or less commonly perforate space
Definition of perforated space
: any of three small areas on the lower surface of the brain that are perforated by many small openings for blood vessels and that are situated two anteriorly at the commencement of the fissure of Sylvius and one posteriorly between the mammillary bodies in front and the cerebral peduncles laterally
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?