variants: or percussion welding
Definition of percussive welding
: resistance welding in which a hammer blow is applied simultaneously with or immediately following a sudden discharge of current across the contact area of the parts to be united
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game