Definition of percussion table
: an inclined table suspended on springs and used as an apparatus for sorting particles of ore according to specific gravity by running the ore in a thin sheet of water over the table and jarring it to effect separation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game