per curiam decisionnoun
variants: or per curiam opinion
Definition of per curiam decision
: a very brief usually unanimous opinion or decision of a court rendered without elaborate discussion of the principles or reasons therefor — compare memorandum decision
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?