pepper withphrasal verb
peppered with; peppering with; peppers with
Definition of pepper with
1 : to hit (someone) repeatedly with (something) The boxer peppered his opponent with punches. —often used figuratively The reporters peppered her with questions.
2 : to put a small amount of (something) on many different parts of (a surface) —usually used as (be) peppered with His face is peppered with freckles.
3 : to put (something) in many places in (a story, speech, etc.) She peppered the report with statistics.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?