pep upphrasal verb
pepped up; pepping up; peps up
Definition of pep up
1 informal : to become more lively or active The economy has started to pep up in recent months.
2 : to cause (someone or something) to become more lively or active a company trying to pep up sales The coach tried to pep the team up.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game