Definition of people's party
: a political party representing or claiming to represent the great majority of the inhabitants of a territorial unit (as a nation) as opposed to a particular class or group attempted to transform themselves from a class party into a people's party the Austrian People's Party … represents farmers, industrialists, and merchants, as well as some labor and many white-collar workers— Hans Kohn
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game