peking cotoneasternoun, often capitalized P
Definition of peking cotoneaster
: a deciduous spreading shrub (Cotoneaster acutifolia) that is native to China but is used elsewhere as an ornamental especially for hedges and that has the young branchlets pubescent, the leaves dull green above and pale and more pubescent below, and the flowers pink and in 2- to 5-flowered clusters
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game