Definition of peavine
: any of various usually twining American herbaceous leguminous plants: such as
a : the vine of the common edible pea or of the cowpea especially when stripped of pods and used for hay
b : american vetch
c : a locoweed (Astragalus emoryanus) of the Big Bend area of Texas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game