Definition of peau dʼorange
: thickened, dimpled skin that resembles the rind of an orange and is often associated with some forms of breast cancer There was a mass, 6 to 7 cm in diameter, in the upper outer quadrant of the right breast … and the overlying skin had peau d'orange changes, without erythema.— José Baselga et al., New England Journal of Medicine, 24 May 2012 And when a swelling stretches the skin so much that pores become visible, doctors call it peau d'orange, or “skin of an orange.”— Patricia Volk, New York Times, 19 Aug. 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game