Definition of pearl white
1 : any of several white or pearly white substances: such as
a : bismuth subnitrate especially when used in cosmetics or ceramics
b : bismuth oxychloride especially when used as a pigment or in cosmetics
c : a nacreous preparation (as of mother-of-pearl or pearl essence) used in imitating pearls
2 : pearl sense 6b
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game