Definition of peachblow
1 : a pale orange yellow that is slightly redder, lighter, and stronger than sunset and redder and stronger than freestone
— called also fakir
3 or peachblow glass : a late 19th century opaque and often satinized art glass of graduated color which shades from red or rose to yellow or pale blue or white
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game