Definition of peachblow
1 : a pale orange yellow that is slightly redder, lighter, and stronger than sunset and redder and stronger than freestone
— called also fakir
3 or peachblow glass : a late 19th century opaque and often satinized art glass of graduated color which shades from red or rose to yellow or pale blue or white
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game