Definition of peach wart
: a virus disease of the peach characterized by leathery or hard outgrowths of fruit tissue that at first are bleached and later tan or reddish, that appear especially near the style end where they frequently form patterns like rings or are clustered, and that may exhibit russeting
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?