Definition of peach palm
1 : a South American pinnate-leaved palm (Bactris gasipaes) with thorny stems and edible fruit
2 : a spiny South American palm (Guilielma utilis) that is prized for its hard wood and edible fruit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game