São Paulogeographical name
Definition of São Paulo
1 state of southeastern Brazil bordering on the Atlantic at the Tropic of Capricorn area 95,839 square miles (248,223 square kilometers), population 41,262,199
2 city in southeastern Brazil; capital of the state of São Paulo and the country's most populous city population 11,253,503
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game