Definition of patent pool
1 : a pool or combination in which the agreements are enforced by centralized control of essential patent rights
2 : an arrangement of cross-licensing in which several patent owners join together to make individually held patents available to all members of the group
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game