variants: also British pastoralise \ ˈpast(ə)rəˌlīz \
Definition of pastoralize
1 : to render pastoral or rural specifically : to convert to a pastoral economy or social organization his famous proposal to pastoralize the country — Robert Lekachman
2 : to put into a pastoral or into the pastoral form
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game