pasta filata cheesenoun
pasta fi·la·ta cheese | \ -fēˈlätə-\
Definition of pasta filata cheese
: a cheese characterized by plasticity of the curd while it is being worked and molded provolone and mozzarella are pasta filata cheeses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game