pass asphrasal verb
passed as; passing as; passes as
Definition of pass as
1 : to cause people to believe that one is (someone or something that one is not) He thought he could pass as an adult.
2 : to be accepted or regarded as (something) the ancient practices that once passed as science
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game