par·ty·ism | \ pronunciation at party +ˌizəm\
Definition of partyism
1 : devotion to a political party : party spirit the partyism … by which the great issue was obscured— Goldwin Smith
2 : a party system cliques and partyism were nonexistent— I. M. Price —often used in combination one-partyism is on the way out — Birmingham (Alabama) News
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game