par·ty·ism | \ pronunciation at party +ˌizəm\
Definition of partyism
1 : devotion to a political party : party spirit the partyism … by which the great issue was obscured— Goldwin Smith
2 : a party system cliques and partyism were nonexistent— I. M. Price —often used in combination one-partyism is on the way out — Birmingham (Alabama) News
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game