par·ti·men·to | \ ˌpärtəˈmen‧ˌtō\
plural partimenti\ -ˌtē \
Definition of partimento
: a musical exercise in contrapuntal improvisation of the 17th and 18th centuries, generally played or written on a figured bass
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?