Definition of parlor palm
1 : cast-iron plant
2 : a small Mexican palm (Collinia elegans) with narrow pinnae and pale yellow flowers in pannicles that is often used as a pot plant
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game