Definition of parley-voo
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the French language no words to spell, no sums to do … and no parley-voo— J. R. Lowell
2 usually capitalized : frenchman hardy British tars who had pity on a poor Parley-voo— W. S. Gilbert
Definition of parley-voo (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game