par·anthelion | \ ¦par+\
Definition of paranthelion
: a diffuse image of the sun appearing at the same altitude as the sun and 120 degrees distant on the parhelic circle and caused by reflection from atmospheric ice spicules
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game