para·ni·tran·i·line red | \ ¦parəˌnī‧¦tranᵊlə̇n- sometimes -ᵊlˌīn- or -ᵊlˌēn-\
Definition of paranitraniline red
: a para red dye produced on the fiber and used as a pigment
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?