Definition of parallelogram law
: a law in physics: the resultant of two vector quantities represented in magnitude, direction, and sense by two adjacent sides of a parallelogram both of which are directed toward or away from their point of intersection is the diagonal of the parallelogram through that point
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game