variants: or parallel ruler
Definition of parallel rule
: an instrument for drawing a line parallel to another or a series of parallel lines: such as
a : a flat rule running on a pair of rollers in one of its sides
b : a pair of straightedges connected by two equal parallel links so that one straightedge can be moved only parallel to the other
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?