para·hopeite | \ ¦parə+\
Definition of parahopeite
: a mineral Zn3(PO4)2.4H2O consisting of a hydrous zinc phosphate, being dimorphous with hopeite, and occurring in colorless tabular triclinic crystals (hardness 3.7, specific gravity 3.3)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?