Definition of paradise fish
: a brilliantly colored freshwater labyrinth fish (Macropodus opercularis) of eastern Asia with very large fins often kept in aquariums also : a closely related fish (M. chinensis) having a rounded tail
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?