Definition of parabolic velocity
: the speed at which a body at any point in a central gravitational field must move in order that its orbit be a parabola and which when the gravitational field is due to a spherical mass (as the earth) is equal to the velocity of escape
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game