Definition of paquebot mail
: mail to a U.S. address that originates on or is carried by a foreign ship outside of regular postal service and that on arrival of the ship in a U.S. port is transmitted by private messenger to the post office where it is canceled and forwarded through the regular mails
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game