Definition of paquebot mail
: mail to a U.S. address that originates on or is carried by a foreign ship outside of regular postal service and that on arrival of the ship in a U.S. port is transmitted by private messenger to the post office where it is canceled and forwarded through the regular mails
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game