pa·lu | \ ˈpä(ˌ)lü\
Definition of palu
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of palu (Entry 2 of 2)
: a hardwood tree (Mimusops lexandra) of India and Ceylon with astringent bark used for tanning and red to purplish brown timber resembling bulletwood
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game