Definition of palm warbler
: a widely distributed North American warbler (Dendroica palmarum) occurring in a western subspecies (D. p. palmarum) chiefly of central Canada and the Mississippi valley that is distinguished by a chestnut crown when adult and yellowish underparts and a more easterly distributed subspecies (D. p. hypochrysea) in which the yellow is more marked
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game