Definition of palm warbler
: a widely distributed North American warbler (Dendroica palmarum) occurring in a western subspecies (D. p. palmarum) chiefly of central Canada and the Mississippi valley that is distinguished by a chestnut crown when adult and yellowish underparts and a more easterly distributed subspecies (D. p. hypochrysea) in which the yellow is more marked
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?