pair (someone) up with (someone)idiom
Definition of pair (someone) up with (someone)
: to join (a person) with (another person) for a purpose, job, etc. They paired me up with a new partner for the last game. The program pairs up volunteers with children who need help learning to read.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?