Definition of painted daisy
2 : any of various annual garden chrysanthemums that are probably largely derived from a Moroccan species (Chrysanthemum carinatum) and that have succulent leaves and solitary flower heads with ray flowers brilliantly banded in two or more colors
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game