paint/draw a picture ofidiom
Definition of paint/draw a picture of
: to create an idea or understanding of (something or someone) through words, facts, etc. The author paints a disturbing picture of life in the camp. These statistics draw a clear picture of how the population is aging.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game