Definition of paint roller
: a roller that consists typically of a rotating cylinder about two inches in diameter and six inches in length covered with an absorbent material and mounted on a handle so that the cylinder can be dipped into paint or otherwise (as through a hollow feeding center) be supplied with paint and rolled over a flat surface (as a wall) so as to apply the paint
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game