Definition of paint roller
: a roller that consists typically of a rotating cylinder about two inches in diameter and six inches in length covered with an absorbent material and mounted on a handle so that the cylinder can be dipped into paint or otherwise (as through a hollow feeding center) be supplied with paint and rolled over a flat surface (as a wall) so as to apply the paint
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?