Definition of paint box
: a box for paints specifically : a box that holds cakes of dry paint (as water colors) or usually small containers (as jars, tubes) of liquid or semiliquid paint and that typically has one or more small pans for mixing and blending the paints
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game