pail·lon | \ (ˈ)pī¦(y)ōⁿ, (ˈ)pä¦yōⁿ\
Definition of paillon
: a thin sheet of usually fine metallic foil (as of silver or gold) used especially in enameling and gilding and often overlaid with a translucent material so as to form a decorative feature
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game