: an act or instance of packaging something or someone: such as
: the enclosing of something in a container or covering
- … damage caused by static charge during packaging, storing, and shipping.
- —Chemical & Engineering News
: the presentation of something or someone to the public in a way that is designed to be attractive or appealing
- This is public relations: the packaging of ideas, the execution of them, and the media coverage surrounding them.
- —Robert Z. Chew
: material used to enclose or contain something
: a covering wrapper or container : 1package 3
- … the flashy packaging popularized by mass merchants.
- —Jan Stafford
- the manufacture of food packagings