pêche Mel·ba | \ ˈpēchˈmelbə, ˈpesh-, ˈpāsh-\
plural pêches Melba\ ˌpēchə̇zˈm- , ˈpeshˈm- , ˈpāshˈm- \
Definition of pêche Melba
: half a peach filled with cream set on a bed of vanilla ice cream and covered with raspberry sauce
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game