owe a debt of gratitude/thanks toidiom
Definition of owe a debt of gratitude/thanks to
: to have a good reason to be very grateful to (someone) The whole town owes a debt of gratitude to the people who organized the parade.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game