overtrained; overtraining; overtrains
Definition of overtrain
: to train (a person or animal) to excess or beyond advantage : to harm (a person or animal) by too much training an athlete who overtrains Don't overtrain your dog. Lots of small lessons are better than one big one.— Larrie Todd
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game