Definition of overstructure
: to design or do (something) according to an excessively rigid structure When children's lives have been overstructured, they will experience boredom for a while, until they regain their inner directedness.— Aletha Solter … was never known for overstructuring his offense, much less branding it. He relied on his players' instincts to move the ball and hit the open man.— Harvey Araton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?